Monday, January 19, 2009

THE AXEMAN COMETH

ITEM! It’s not everyday that your ol’ Uncle Stanley gets to keep on truckin’ with the likes of George Lucas, Devo, and Seth Green. Well okay... Seth Green would wash my Benz if I let him... but you know what I mean. What do all of the above and Yours Truly have in common, you ask? Why, we were all invited to design custom Gibson guitars for the upcoming Phoenix Guitar Gala & Carnaval Fundraiser, that’s what, sunshine! Click thee here for the whole story.

And just in case you can’t make the transcontinental trek to the Haus Fortuna in Petaluma, Cali-forn-i-ay (where the guitar designed by mois with a little help from Irving Forbush III) is displayed, here’s a pic to print out and frame for your very own, pilgrims! Why did I use a four-necked guitar you ask? Because that was the only way to get my smilin’ face as life-size and lifelike as possible. I may be accused of many things, but disappointing my adoring public will never be on the list! 

Excelsior!
Smiley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stan, only a He-Man like you could lift that 4 necked monster. It looks great. That is a band in your hand.

Chris Tolworthy said...

Off topic, but have you see what Steven Grant is saying about you today, Stan? http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19745

Chris Tolworthy said...

...and are you going to comment on your legendary generosity shown here? http://www.marvel.com/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/1394 Come on. don't be modest, we want the inside scoop.

Stan the Man said...

Thanks for the reminder, oh Tolworthy One! Your wish has been granted. I'm still digging through my files to see if I can come up with a copy of Millie the Model #1 to add to the trading pile. Stay tuned, True Believers!

Excelsior!
Smiley

wholesale cell phones said...

Stan, only a He-Man like you could lift that 4 necked monster.