Thursday, June 5, 2008

CAREFULLY-CONTRIVED CLUE-FILLED CAMEO

ITEM! Well movie-goers, The Incredible Hulk reviews are starting to stream in, and your Uncle Stanley is not one to say “I told you so.” Oh wait... yes I am! Told yah so, True Believers! Now that Marvel Entertainment is running the show, our movies are all guaranteed to bring a trembling tear of fan-boy joy to your bright-eyed and bushy-tailed peepers! Seeing my newest, bestest-friend-forever Robert Downey Jr.’s “We’re assembling a team” cameo is worth the price of admission alone! And speaking of calamitous cameos... be sure and check out Yours Truly’s. This time I not only get lines, I get to advance the plot! I’m not gonna spoil it for you, Fearless Ones, but let me say that it will put you in mind of how we used to do things at Mighty Marvel back in the day. You’ll understand what I mean when you see the flick. Can anyone explain to me why there isn’t an Academy Award for Best Cameo by a Crazed Crotchety Co-Creator?

So what are you waiting for, Tiger? Don’t get left out in the careless cold! Get online the Intrawebs and reserve your tickets today! June 13th will be here before you can irradiate a gamma particle and call it Smiley!

Excelsior!
Smiley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this movie, particularly since I scored advance tickets (June 9th) through a promotion my LCS put on during Free Comic Book Day. So can you tell us: does the Hulk talk? Huh. huh? Come on, you can tell us! It's the internet: everythings private on the internet!

Stan the Man said...

Well just between us Intrawebbers, imd85, I don't think your Uncle Stan would be spoiling things too much to say that yes, you will indeed get to hear the Hulk utter his iconic catchphrase "Hulk smash!" The best part is who does the voice. Let's just say that at least one cameo player in the movie officially has two roles... and it sure ain't the Smilin' One! 'Nuff Said!

Smiley

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, does the man's name rhyme with Fou Lerrigno?

Stan the Man said...

Maybe... imd85. Let's just say that the voice speaks in it's own Furore Lingo!

Smiley