Thursday, March 27, 2008

POW! COME SEE ME GET MY JUST DESSERTS AT NEW YORK COMIC CON

ITEM! As you may have already read, this year at the New York Comic Con (April 18-20) they will be handing out the first-ever-in-a-scintilating-series of New York Comics Legend Awards. And the first reluctant recipient will be Yours Truly. See the press release here if you don’t believe the Smilin' One.

Words would fail me, but luckily I have my ever-trusty pocket thesaurus with me at all times. I can’t tell you how humbled I am to be honored by this rollicking recognition, especially while I’m still around and kicking to receive it! Not bad for a kid from West 89th Street!

Hopefully Ol' Smiley will be the first of many Merry Marvel Marchers to receive this awe-striking award. I even have a few ideas that I’ve been flying past the New York Comic Con Committee to make this award even more delightful and dignified for future recipients. As the Aristophanes of Illustrative Alliteration, I’ve been mulling over the name of the thing — “New York Comics Legend Award.” Doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue, does it, pilgrim? That’s why I’ve suggested to the committee they simply shorten the name to “The Stan Lee Award” after it's first amorous awardee. I mean, Will Eisner and Jack Kirby have awards named after them, so why not your Uncle Stanley? See the bronze prototype pictured at right. I asked them to cast it in uru, but no one at the foundry had ever heard of that.

The Stan Lee Award... almost brings a tear to your eyes, doesn’t it Frantic One? See you at the awards banquet!

Excelsior!
Smiley

No comments: